Author's Note: Edited to add the quote about Little Lord CornWILLis. Please see the end of this blog entry, after my signature.
Having laid the necessary groundwork and factual framework in a very lengthy Part I, this installment will be much shorter.
A couple of readers have commented that they felt the proof of the link between Jane Hanify Pitt and the screenname Raven on Democratic Underground was not clearly established in Part I.
I appreciate the critique, and I agree.
On January 31st of this year, Wee Whining Willary posted this trust funder's tripe at DU, which was cross-posted and recycled from a piece he wrote some time ago at TruthOut.
When I was ten years old, a man attempted suicide by fire in the front seat of my mother’s car...
The adulation started pouring in, downthread, on DU; after all, that's what he lives and drinks for, right? To Will, Recommendations are a substitute for love. (You just know he has a running list of how many of his DU posts have made it to the Greatest Page.)
Downthread at Response #8, a fawning fan writes: Will - Thanks for that very moving piece. Your mother was a gem.
Ever notice how Will only deigns to respond to those who are: (a) appropriately obsequious; and (b) appropriately gullible?
Response #8 met Willary's two criteria.
He responded at #13: Still is.
(pssst...her DU screen name is Raven...she's probably down in the gardening forum... smiley face)
OK. I think that makes the connection pretty clear. But allow me to provide another pillar of support for the logic.
On February 26th of this year, Raven posted: Will Pics....this is the hairy guy and my Dad who looks like he doesn't approve!
And there's Pitt, in his rolled-up flannel shirt, scruffy, long-haired, every bit (or is that every Pitt?) the Poseur, every inch The Pittseur.
And - as his own mother notes - there's his very conservative-looking Decent Republican Gramps, who looks like he doesn't approve!
Further downthread, at Response #4, Raven/Jane Hanify Pitt writes: My father loved and raised this boy and taught him the value of ethics, decency and the value of the written word and he read poetry with him and gave him just about everything. I'm in tears now thinking about what a gift my Dad was to Will and what a gift Will was to my Dad. They would have some hell of a conversation these days!
Insofar as establishing the familial link, and the link between Jane Hanify Pitt and Raven on DU more clearly goes: I rest my case.
- Dave
From The Patriot, starring Mel Gibson as Colonel Benjamin Martin, and Heath Ledger as his son, Gabriel. Little Lord CornWILLis - descended from THE Pitts - could've tried out for the role of Cornwallis, convincingly.
MARTIN: I've just been inside the mind of a genius. Lord Cornwallis knows more about war than I could in a dozen lifetimes.
BILLINGS: Cheerful news to greet the morn.
MARTIN: His victories at Charleston and Camden were perfect, strategically, tactically, logistically. But he has a weakness.
[They all turn to Martin.]
MARTIN: Lord Cornwallis is brilliant. His weakness is that he knows it.
GABRIEL: Father?
MARTIN: Pride is his weakness.
[The men consider that.]
DELANCEY: Personally, I'd would prefer stupidity.
MARTIN: Pride will do.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment