February 21: DemocraticUnderground and I parted ways. While I disagree with David Allen's (Skinner's) reasons, it's his site. Several DUers and I re-established or maintained contact immediately thereafter.
February 24: I joined up at DemocraticWarrior, at the urging of several, including "FuzzySlippers," a very special friend of BigJerr's / Crazy Guggenheim's, as I later learned from reading at DW.
February 24: BigJerr and I exchanged some PMs. As it turns out, I have those (now that I'm feeling some better from the worst of the Crohn's flare-up, I'm able to do a little digging). Those will be posted shortly, to demonstrate the offers of help I made to BigJerr and to Crazy Guggenheim (at BigJerr's urging), unwittingly writing to the same person, as it later turns out.
February 24: BigJerr wrote: "I'm going to make you official members of the Opposition Research Group. :git_r_done: It just means you will have a notation in you profile for now."
February 24: Unwittingly, I wrote to Crazy Guggenheim: "Jer says we're quite like-minded! I replied to you publicly, but I really have been at this Oppo Research thing for a looooooooooong time. Hail, fellow, and well met! :toast: - Dave"
February 24: "Crazy Guggenheim" wrote back: ":viking[1]: I can hardly wait! Welcome aboard!!"
February 24: Unwittingly, I wrote back to CG: "I LOVE your avatar and the emoticons. The emoticons remind me of my LEGOs. :toast: What are your top concern areas? How can I help? - Dave" I was perfectly willing to defer to CG, since he'd had the foresight to get Oppo Research up and running in the first place. I wanted to know how I could help, and how I could mesh my own Oppo Research efforts with his in a helpful manner.
February 24: Crazy Guggenheim wrote back: "Right now it's anything we can find on McCain and Nader. Mainly McCain right now. I'll get back to you in a couple of hours as I have some stuff to do." Well, that was sort of vague, and disappointing, but we're all busy people. No biggie.
February 24: I wrote back to Crazy Guggenheim: "Sounds like a plan. McCain, yes. Nader, meh. Huckabee, definitely. Florida Governor Charlie Crist, too. Romney, too. I haven't ruled out McCain stepping aside, and a backroom deal being cut between BushCo./Rove with Huckabee, in return for their boy Romney being named Veep. Rove's fingerprints are all over the timing of the NYT story on McCain. - Dave" So, anyone doubting that I jumped right in, and offered to help AND was willing to defer to the Admin and his designated lead guy on Oppo Research, the evidence clealry suggests otherwise.
February 27: Excited by finding a new home from which to conduct meaningful Oppo Research (and to have some good fun with fellow progressives), I took a crack at an Oppo Research Primer. Again, remember: I was still in the dark, and completely clueless, about BJ and CG being the same person. Apparently, BJ has no shame or compunction about using someone else's work, because the thread is still on his site: he cannot do, so he steals the work of others. Looking thru the Oppo Research forums, any lurker or DWer can find multiple threads I started that consist of real Oppo Research on the very topic clusters that BJ/CG claimed he wanted DWers to research. Thankfully, BigJerr has left those threads up, despite my insistence that they be taken down. As a result, the evidence is intact for other thinking, rational progressives to see the Instant Replay timeline.
March 2: A DUer whom I trust informed me that BigJerr and Crazy Guggenheim are one and the same, and pointed me to a picture on DU that proves it. Prior to this point, I had NO CLUE that BJ = CG. To make the point crystal clear: every PM and every public post I made at DW, from February 24 to March 2, was done without any knowledge or inkling that BJ = CG. As previously stated, my initial reaction was tinged by a little bit of anger, but I calmly reasoned that maybe that was how BJ keeps his Admin persona's gavel-wielding separate from his participation in threads. Instead of immediately touching base with BJ/CG about it, I just let it go and decided to play along.
March 2 to April 19: Several DWers drew me aside in cyberspace, outside of DW, to "inform" me that BigJerr and Crazy Guggenheim are one and the same; several also expressed that most insiders know, and have shared this fact with other DWers. Although the trusted DUer was the FIRST to inform me of this information on March 2, she was by no means the last person to do so.
April 18-19: Crazy Guggenheim and I tangled, mildly, in an "Oppo Research" thread about John McCain taking Social Security. Crazy Guggenheim espoused what - to me - is a very unsophisticated view. I tried to play Devil's Advocate, and show how the GOP would easily turn this meme around to peel off independent voters. CG/BJ got his ego bruised. As he had written to one of the DUers who came over to stir trouble: there is only one "superstar" at DW: CG - his merkin.
April 19: BunnyFunk, one of a small handful of DUers who followed me over to DW to hound me there, traded barbs with me. BJ sent me a simple note via PM, telling me that he was giving me a one-day timeout, that he had "some things to think over," and that he would "deal with" BunnyFunk in the interim. He said he hoped I didn't take it too hard, and "see you tomorrow." No biggie. I'm a big boy, and if BJ thought I had stepped over a line by trying to pin down the fact that BunnyFunk was either MonkeyFunk from DU (or one of his little toadies), then all I needed was a simple warning from BJ to that effect. I was sick as a dog from my Crohn's flare-up and complications therefrom, eagerly engaging on some pre-PA activities, and enjoying the camaraderie to be found with fellow DWers on a weekend. It was taking my mind off the considerable pain I was in from the flare-up, and complications therefrom. If I stepped over a line with BunnyFunk, a warning from BigJerr would've been nice; but, it's his board, his rules. I wrote back something like: "If you think that's best." (The latest download of my PMs that I think I have is April 16th; discovery in a lawsuit - for claims much more serious and legally-grounded than BJ's Kermit the Frogging, unthinking, gullible DWers - will yield the rest. Some of you need to wake up and see who Jerome is and what he is all about.)
April 19: BJ / CG is alerted to the fact that his duality is known on DW. He panics.
April 19-22: Using the only means I had (the Contact Me feature at DW), I tried to contact BJ directly to talk things out, and to smooth things over. If he'd only responded, he would've learned that my intended approach was to continue playing dumb on his duality. Instead, he cowered in his cave, and started mouthing off about things that had no bearing on the core issues.
April 20: Via a third party, I asked BigJerr if my Time Out still ended at 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, and - if so - for him to contact me directly via e-mail or IM. This third party can verify that BigJerr's response was vague, both as to whether I'd be let back on DW, or when. He was clearly cowering, and trying to figure out a way to forestall a mess of his very own creation - a brew of his own making, as the saying goes.
April 20: The frightened little cybercoward put up the ominous PRE-nial about "some revelations that may occur this week on another site," trying to head those revelations (i.e., that he is CG) off at the pass, by dragging in an innocent third party's personal life.
April 20-22: I continued to try to contact BJ directly via the Contact Me feature, trying to smooth things over. He continued to mouth off to third parties and decontextualize, spinning his user community out of fear that they were about to learn the truth.
April 21: I posted this blog entry. Note that I went to pains not to mention the duality of BJ / CG, and note that - even then - I was, even then, offering to continue to work with BJ on ways to help Obama and defeat McCain. Privately, I was making the very same offers to him.
April 22: Someone tipped me off to the direct e-mail address for BJ at DW, so that I didn't have to use the Contact Me form. From this point forward, I have my own, independent record of what I sent.
April 22: A dormant DWer suddenly appeared at DW, and claims to be receiving PMs that appear to be from me, claiming that revelations about BJ and CG are imminent. That makes no sense, since I am unable to get onto DW. Clearly, someone was trying to stir up trouble, and prey on BJ's paranoia, and/or prey on the more gullible DWers. My suspicions? Possibility One: Someone in the hierarchy at DemocraticUnderground was having a little fun at BigJerr's expense, given what BJ / CG and FuzzySlippers did with the former du mod threads. Suspecting Skinner, I made it very clear to David Allen (Skinner) both publicly and privately, that any seeming rift between BigJerr and me would not benefit him in his own fight with BigJerr. Skinner remains an ineffective political hack wannabe in my book (and many others'), but - giving credit where it's due - I do believe Skinner has a modicum of basic decency. Possibility Two: Some lurking conservative decided to use his or her DW mole, and stir the pot a bit.
April 22: Trying to let BJ know that I saw thru what the dormant DWer was trying to do, and that I suspected Skinner or one his insiders was exploiting a rift, I sent BJ an e-mail to that effect. Using the direct e-mail address the other person provided me, I wrote, at 1:54 p.m. ET: "BigJerr - If you get this, please hit me back. Skinner is trying to play this to his advantage, and - as I just posted on my blog - he is an idiot. - Dave"
April 22: I also posted this blog entry. Note the P.S.
April 22: As with all prior attempts at direct communication, BigJerr / Crazy Guggenheim / Jerome A. Papa of San Rafael, CA, ignored and cybercowered it up. Hardcore.
April 22: At 6:46 p.m. ET, I wrote to BJ: "Watching the PA Primaries without DW Friends...... really bites. I understand you're probably as absorbed in the returns as I am, so I don't matter to you right now. Tomorrow, when all the hooplah is over, you'll have whooped it up with DWers; I'll have spent time with real-life friends, daisy chaining the phone line. In his short story, All Summer in a Day, Ray Bradbury captured the essence of locking away the truthteller in the closet. When you're done with your frolic, please remember to let me out of the closet, and remember to hold your head up high, proudly. - Dave"
April 22: A short while later, another DWer asked, publicly in the PA Primary thread whether anyone had seen me, and noted that my profile no longer showed a Time Out. BigJerr replied that I was no longer a member. This was news to me. Jerome A. Papa is not gentleman enough to send a simple e-mail to someone with his own outlet, apparently.
April 22: At 11:27 p.m. ET (after finishing all primary-related activities with friends for the night, including IM'ing with one DWer, live), I wrote to BJ: "Please delete all my posts. If you need to keep them for archiving offline, I understand. But since I am not a member because of your dishonesty, I don't think it's fitting that they remain on your site. I expect them to be removed by the time I check tomorrow morning. If you don't intend to remove them, please give me the courtesy of a simple reply to that effect, so that I can pass along the information for appropriate action. - Dave"
April 22: My other posts here on PA Primary Day all pertain to the election: (1) Bill Clinton Centipedes It up, Hardcore: Gaffes the Gaffe of His Gaffe; (2) My Pre-Poll Closing Predictions; and (3) Live Blogging PA.
April 23: First things first, I did my data dives for post-mortems on the PA Primary. BigJerr is a very small fish in a puddle, and a cybercoward to boot. My morning began with the daily news sweep I do, and the other daily Oppo Research exercises I do. Still hobbled and hurting, but on the mend, I posted this at 10:45 a.m. ET: Short-Term Tactical Advantage: Rove, Rush, and McCain; Long-Term Strategic Advantage: Obama . In the grand scheme of things, Jerome A. Papa of San Rafael, CA is a minnow. Much more important fish are on the hook this election cycle.
April 23: The most important things attended to, I turned my attention to DW. It was evident that BJ / CG was going to persist in hanging on to my posts (stealing that which he cannot do effectively himself). It was also evident that he was going to continue trying to spin doctor what was really going on. Moreover, it was clear he was going to stoop to dragging in another party and her personal life, in a vain attempt to forestall the consequences of his idiocy. Anyone looking at the posts he made on April 23 - both as BigJerr and as Crazy Guggenheim, with FuzzySlippers joining in as his Aiding and Abetting Amen Chorus, and with some surprisingly gullible or complicit DWers joining in on the refrain - can see that he was pretty consumed with all this.
April 23: At 12:44 p.m. ET, I sent the following, entitled, "Failure to Communicate" ...
BigJerr -
In my book, it is ungentlemanly - not to mention cowardly - to inform someone that he has been booted secondhand.
In my book, it is intellectually dishonest to benefit from someone else's intellectual property, while depriving him of access to it. Even Skinner hasn't blocked my IP address, to prevent me from retrieving my old threads at DU.
In my book, it is intellectually dishonest to have invited me to participate in Oppo Research, only to let your ego get in the way when I took you up on that invite, and dared to take on your sockpuppet over a minor issue. You're all hung up on flag pins, and I offered real, fact-based material that will sink McCain. You beat the dead horse of McCain's Social Security draw, even after I politely showed precisely how a ***professional*** PR team would take those hurled lemons and turn it into lemonade. You posted - as BigJerr - that CG is the superstar of the forum. Ironic, but understandable, given that CG is you.
So, here's what I think happened.
1. FuzzySlippers - whom I think is just lovely, if not very effective at talking some sense into you about all this - admitted to being the one who sent me the recruitment PM at DU. I honestly didn't remember. At the time, I kind of filed it away in the back of my mind. During my three days of no community after the DU TS, Radfringe urged me to check out DW. It clicked that I had received a recruitment message from someone else, and - given how much I trust Radfringe's wisdom and judgment - I decided to give DW a try, after talking it over with a couple of other friends first.
2. The fact that FS - your fiance - recruited me tells me that the two of you probably had your eye on me at DU for a while, and had come to realize that I know what I'm doing when it comes to real Oppo Research. I move in real life circles that give me access to a lot of data, perfectly legally. Besides that, I worked in an Ivy League Law Library for 5 years. I know how to use research tools, and I constantly refresh my skill set. I am a lifelong learner. Clearly, you two had your eye on me at DU.
3. When I joined on February 24th, I had no idea CG was your sockpuppet. However, during my three-day TS period, and even after, I asked a couple of trusted friends on DU to send out messages to people I'd come to know, like, and respect. I wanted to keep in touch with my friends, especially the ones who'd shown they could both play and "hang" intellectually.
4. That list included - and was nearly topped by - REDACTED. She and I had grown quite fond of one another, and we're both writers. She is an incredibly lovely and gifted person, and I was very hopeful of maintaining contact with her.
5. Not only did she respond, but she graciously agreed to talk by phone. What a mind! What a voice! What a genuinely lovely person! She cried as she expounded on a personal story, which is not mine to recount. But I think you know precisely what I'm talking about, don't you?
6. When I mentioned that I had landed at DW, she got an odd hitch to her voice and demeanor. She then recounted the story about your little snit fit when she posted an innocent response in the DU picture thread, and explained that you're one and the same.
7. So, from February 24th until March 2, I had no idea that CG was your sockpuppet. All those eager e-mails I sent, offering you help, were sent with me being in the dark about your dishonesty.
8. When I found out, I thought it over. "Well, OK. That's his approach to running his board. I'll play along. What's the harm? He probably does that to keep people from being mad at his Admin persona. OK. I will play along."
9. But, I made sure one friend, in particular, knew the truth. He was skeptical about you to begin with, and lurked from the road. He thought something was not quite right about your secrecy. He thinks you're a cybercoward. I'm not quite there in my thinking, yet, but I'm leaning that direction now.
10. Your failure to communicate reeks of a guilty conscience. And before you rattle your magic wand at me - or any of my friends - and before your mod clique decides to malign me, know this: I will not stand idly by and be maligned. I have worked much too hard to allow that. I have shared my intellectual property, and made genuine offers of help to you, and you responded by jingling your coin cup - via your trained monkey sockpuppet. Savvy givers hold out, to make sure that the cause or organization is on the up-and-up. You failed every test I set for you: (1) I suggested that you set up a WishList, and tell the user community what you need, and why you need it - you failed; (2) I suggested a token gift from the user community - you failed; (3) I suggested you set a goal for the user community to meet - you failed; and when you were asked for the simplest up-and-up litmus test answer of all (a simple snailmail address), you punted on giving an answer to Ides. By this time, red flags, sirens, bells, whistles, and alarms were going off; why would anyone who isn't a coward, a thief, or both, not give a simple snail mail, especially since the check would go 100% toward the organization, instead of having the PayPal haircut?
You have a lot of explaining to do.
While you're thinking up whether you want to tell me another pack of lies, or come clean, I find that my posts are still on your site.
Do you have an attorney? If so, what is his or her address? If not, what is yours? I made it quite clear that I don't brook someone using my intellectual property unfairly. You cannot keep the posts online; don't imagine for one moment that you can. You want to lead an Oppo Research effort? Fine. Lead. But don't steal someone else's intellectual property and call that leadership, CG/BJ.
And - before you fly off the handle and do something stupid, or allow FS or Xena, or anyone else to do so, grow up and do the right thing.
- Dave
P.S. Since March 2, a number of DWers have asked me whether I already knew or not that CG is you.
You're not fooling anyone, at least not most of the smart ones.
- Dave
April 23: Having now pretty much washed my hands of BigJerr growing up and doing the right thing, at 1:44 p.m. ET, I took the advice I was receiving from friends who are MUCH SMARTER than Jerome A. Papa, and posted this invitation, for others to come join me in brainstorming the creation of a board that will become a model for others to aspire to become.
April 23: Around that time, he began rattling his silly little magic wand that he planned to post cherry-picked PMs, decontextualized, and to reveal skeletons in closets. More idiotic of a way to handle this, he could not have chosen.
April 23: At 2:49 p.m. ET, I sent him a simple e-mail: "POPCORN. This should be interesting. - Dave P.S. I think I'd talk to your lawyer, before you do anything tho." Jerome A. Papa of San Rafael, CA has a very poor understanding of the law, apparently.
April 23: At 2:56 p.m. ET, I sent this to the innocent third party whom Jerome A. Papa was threatening to expose:
This is what I sent BJ/CG. (forwarded the 12:44 p.m. e-mail, "Failure to Communicate," so she had context)
Instead of talking to me, man-to-man, he handled a simple misunderstanding like a cowering child.
And now, apparently, in retaliation, he plans to reveal more, going another round of failing to just talk to me, and do an amicable parting of the ways.
Methinks he's more interested in ad revenue from rubberneckers, than he is in being a grownup.
- Dave
April 23: Compulsively checking my blog, and learning that I had set up a brainstorm board that he cannot see, Jerome A. Papa fired a totally erroneous shot in the dark on DW:
"Guess what their big Opposition Research is about? This big deal is whether or not Crazy Guggenheim and I are the same person!!
He been damn near trying to black mail me with this!! "
April 23: At 3:53 p.m. ET, I wrote to him (after a thinking DWer, who sees what is really going on, tipped me off to this latest bit of idiocy):
Not a word is mentioned about you on my board.
"Guess what their big Opposition Research is about? This big deal is whether or not Crazy Guggenheim and I are the same person!!
He been damn near trying to black mail me with this!! "
Not one word is mentioned about you.
You suck at this.
- Dave
April 23: At 3:54 p.m. ET, I posted Someone is misinformed, exposing just how desperate Jerome A. Papa is to spin this. The purpose of the brainstorm board is not to bash him, or any other message board operator. While sincere and honest critiques of other message boards' pitfalls and pratfalls are welcome, the intent is to avoid those mistakes, and establish a new benchmark of excellence. Those who fail to learn their history are doomed to repeat it. The purpose of the brainstorm board is to do an honest review of other boards' mistakes, in an honest attempt to build a better board, and learn from other boards' history of mistakes. But, in Jerome's paranoid little mind, it was a place where he was being bashed. No mention was made of him at all, and I've made clear to a couple of new members that that is not the purpose of the brainstorm board.
April 23: At 4:03 p.m. ET, I received a response from the innocent third party:
I am sorry this has turned out to be such a mess, sweetie...I really don't know what to say.
I had my own dust-up with him, and am no longer talking to him. Here's what happened: He joined DU, unbeknownst to me, under a new name. I don't recall it now. Of course, he knew who I was! We began talking and were friendly. Then one day, he showed up in a thread about starless people, and he lamented that he didn't have one. Via PM, I offered to buy him one. And then I did.
Then he was TS'd. I didn't see it happen, and was unaware of it. THEN, I got an email from CG, in which he revealed himself. He told me he would have revealed his true identity if he'd gotten to 1000 posts, which of course, he didn't get to. I was outraged. I finally told him (via email) to cancel my account at DW, since I was never going to show up there again, and to never talk to me again. I told him I felt used, and I think I was. I was really really really upset. I'm done with him, and I told him so. So......I'm sorry for your predicament. I really wish you could come back to DU. I miss you there, and the fun we had.
Take care, sweetie...
April 23: At 6:02 p.m. ET, I wrote back:
REDACTED -
First, so that he doesn't whine that I went behind his back, please note that I have cc:ed BJ / CG on this e-mail.
I miss you too! It is so very sad that BigJerr / CG let his ego get in the way of effective Oppo Research at his site, while wasting his time bragging on his site about all the sockpuppets he creates at DU, and their misadventures.
While I lingered at DU a little at first, all I do now is go back and copy/paste an occasional piece of writing of which I was especially proud. Being a writer yourself, I know you understand.
It comes as very little surprise to me that BJ / CG bummed a donor star for his sockpuppets. Apparently, the suckers donating to his site aren't seeing their donations put to use for his sockpuppets' misadventures.
: )
I hope all is well on your end. At some point, if you're the least bit interested in his little MeloTrauma, I will gladly fill you in on what got him riled up.
- Dave
P.S. Since he insists on posting e-mails publicly, may I let others know how I first found out that he's one and the same? Silly braying jackass doesn't realize it, but many of his own members privately notified me that he is one and the same. I tried to act surprised all but once.
April 23: At 6:20 p.m. ET, I sent this e-mail to one of the DWers that I thought might be taken in by Jerome A. Papa:
X -
I am crestfallen that BigJerr / Crazy Guggenheim and I had a falling out.
It would be delightful if you gave your insights and suggestions here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheStrangersRoom/
The purpose of the brainstorm board is NOT to bash any other board. Rather, it's to air problems we've seen at other boards, and to build a full-scale board from the ground up, which applies best practices, and sets a whole new standard for progressive thought, activism, good fun, Oppo Research, etc.
Importantly to me, I also want it to set a new standard of excellence for fair modding with due process.
: )
Please give it a look, and be sure to read the first message, "Welcome!"
All my best,
- Dave
April 23: At 7:36 p.m. ET, REDACTED (the innocent third party whom Jerome A. Papa has seen fit to drag thru the mud, to try to forestall and/or detract from the revelation of his actions at DW and other sites) wrote back: "You may certainly let everyone know how you found out! I am fine; the mammograms went well... See you later!" Now, let the record reflect that I sought - and obtained - the explicit permission of the third party, to make a truthful revelation, to fill in the timeline date of March 2. Let the record reflect that Jerome A. Papa - from the moment he first feared being unmasked - rattled his magic wand at her, to try to forestall and/or distract from the revelation of his activities at DW, DU, and elsewhere (aided and abetted by FuzzySlippers). Finally, let the record reflect that I would still have come to learn of his identity, because active DWers told me after March 2.
April 23: At 7:40 p.m. ET, I wrote back to her: "I couldn't be more relieved. I was worried that maybe he was your man, and I didn't want to be an ass and divulge a confidence. I would have far rather appeared the ass, than to have allowed your private matters to be aired. Moreover, I am relieved to hear you are well. Please stay in touch.
: )
:hug:
- Dave"
April 23: At 7:43 p.m. ET, I went public - only after receiving REDACTED's explicit approval: Meet BigJerr / Crazy Guggenheim. While awaiting the answer from REDACTED, I had drafted the revelation. If she had refused to grant her permission, I would have edited the draft to conform to her wishes. Her permission filled in a critical link in the timeline, however: March 2.
April 23: At 9:59 p.m. ET, I wrote to her: "Please look this over when you get a moment, and make sure I haven't befuddled any of the details.
: )
http://corpgovactivist.blogspot.com/2008/04/meet-bigjerr-crazy-guggenheim.html
- Dave"
April 23: At 11:28 p.m. ET, I wrote to David Allen (Skinner) and David Allsopp (EarlG) of DemocraticUnderground, assuming that they, too, were in the dark about CG's defrauding REDACTED. I may think that Skinner is an ineffective little wannabe when it comes to real-life progressive activism, but I do think he has a modicum of human decency, and I do think that he will take appropriate steps to protect DUers from CG/BJ and FS:
I had no idea that BigJerr/Crazy Guggenheim ... ... was defrauding REDACTED: http://corpgovactivist.blogspot.com/2008/04/meet-bigjerr-crazy-guggenheim.html
All of Crazy Guggenheim's and FuzzySlippers' public admissions on DW about their sockpuppeting: CG is BigJerr, and FuzzySlippers is his fiance.
REDACTED is far too lovely a person to be taken advantage of like that.
- Dave
April 23: At 11:42 p.m. ET, REDACTED wrote back: "It looks accurate to me! Nicely done...
I'm available to talk, if you would like...via phone. I can't remember if I called you, or if you called me. However, either way works, if you'd like...
I'm here, at the computer (no, really! lol) and by my phone..."
April 23: At 11:57, I replied: "I would change any comma you asked me to, you know.
May we punt until sometime tomorrow? REDACTED, I have been very sick, and should already be a-bed: http://corpgovactivist.blogspot.com/2008/04/to-my-friends-at-du-dw-and-pi-happy.html
- Dave"
April 24: The antibiotics and treatment for my Crohn's, and serious complications therefrom, began to take hold, a little. More DWama Queens Salon spinmeistering at DW, and more gullible, gossiping DWama Queen Salon patrons buying into it. Those who are buying into his spinmeistering are going to look very foolish when their HairDWo is done.
April 24: Still barely able to sit upright, I discovered that BJ / CG had escalated this whole thing, to explicitly drag in the innocent third party.
April 24: At 1:07 a.m., I wrote to BigJerr, with the intent that he share it with FuzzySlippers, too: "Interesting approach ... ... you two are acting like Bill and Hillary - brazening your way thru, and acting like you didn't deceive DUers and DWers.
You should be mortified for preying on REDACTED, and you're laughing about it?
Sick.
- Dave"
April 24: At 9:33 a.m. ET, I wrote to him: "Your address? The lawsuit is drafted. Where shall I serve it? - Dave"
April 24: He continued to make light of the odious manner in which he treated the innocent third party, clearly intending to infuriate me. I pass a point after which I am no longer infuriated. I become cool, calm, collected, focused, set-jawed, and determined. If you've gotten me to that point, after rebuffing my attempts to work things out, well: finish that sentence however you like, but don't dream for a second I'm joking around, or blowing smoke.
April 24: While he continued to cherry pick and spinmeister, I calmly set about answering my own question. At 10:09 a.m. ET, I wrote: "Jerome A. Papa. 11 Merrydale Rd. #15 | San Rafael, CA | 94903 | United States
Is that where DW can be served, as well as you?
- Dave"
April 24: Predictably, he played the victim, and yammered to everyone that I had crazily tracked him down. It wasn't hard to do.
April 24: At 11:29 a.m. ET, I wrote of his odious approach to having retaliated against the third party who FIRST informed me of the open secret that he is BigJerr AND Crazy Guggenheim: Crazy Guggenheim - Proud to Be a Merkin (Definitely Not a Merlin). Some of my friends and I call cybercowards with sockpuppets merkins, because that's really what they are: cover-ups for ...
April 24: At least one DWer tried to gently persuade Jerome A. Papa to take down the unnecessarily hurtful threads about the innocent third party. I tried to echo that sentiment when I came to learn of it from a DWer who sees things clearly: Blessed are the peacemakers! I was extremely hopeful that he would listen to reason, and that some of his so-called "friends" at DW would knock him upside his head and talk some sense into him (including, ceasing to yammer and spin and dig himself deeper into a hole, and reach out to me directly to work things out).
April 24: I tried to give insights into what I consider to be true leadership, and explain why I wasn't content to salute without candor to BJ / CG: A Profile in Leadership: A Young George C. Marshall (Compulsion for Speaking Truth to Power)
April 24: I tried to refocus others on what matters most: not DWama Queen Salon gossip, but real and effective progressive activism that will bear real fruit thru the fall and beyond: Thank you to those who have given sound counsel, advice, and/or posted comments below...
April 24: I spent time on my new brainstorm board, getting the conversation started about a new board. The brainstorm board is NOT a place to bash Jerome A. Papa, Skinner, or any other Admin or site operator. It is a place to "measure twice, cut once" before launching a new board, in Beta mode.
April 25: At 1:54 p.m. ET, I sent Jerome A. Papa the last direct communication I intend to send him, outside of court-ordered or legally-required communications:
It has come to my attention ... that you consider my attempts to communicate with you to be harrassment.
The adult thing to do, is to send a simple e-mail to me, informing me of such, and telling me that you do not care to receive further communications from me outside of legally-required or court-ordered communications.
Instead, you're mouthing off to third parties, while failing to mention that you haven't responded to me.
The first e-mail was harrassment? No, Jerome. It was an attempt to communicate with you like an adult, and to give you a chance to give me your side of it.
You claimed that if Skinner had merely contacted you, like an adult, rather than siccing his lawyers on you, that you would have responded to him like an adult.
In reliance upon your statement, I tested your claim.
You failed yet another test, and lied again. When the road meets the rubber, you say one thing out of one side of one of your mouths, and then do something completely different.
At one point, I agreed with you that Skinner jumped the gun by not communicating with you directly first, before involving his law firm.
Now, I think Skinner wouldn't have gotten anything other than what you're doing now.
You would have played the victim, like Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton. You wouldn't have responded to him directly, like a gentleman. Your actual actions in this matter belie your claims in the other matter.
Ah, well. Live and learn. Thank you for the lessons in duplicity you have taught me. Even a complete dumbass can teach a lesson: http://www.despair.com/mis24x30prin.html
Since you're labeling my communications as harrassment, I will cease and desist from communicating directly with you, outside of legally-required or court-ordered communications.
Should I ask the court to stamp and emboss two Summonses, or just the one?
- Dave
April 24: Sometime in the late hours (11ish), I was winding down with my politcal TiVo shows, and doing some catch-up on e-mails. Apparently, someone had sent me an anonymous link to Crazy Guggenheim's PhotoBucket page. As sick and run down as I was, I did not see it until many hours after it was sent.
date: Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:08 PM
subject: CG/BJ
http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f25/CrazyGuggenheim/?start=0
I subsquently received other information, which detailed Jerome A. Papa's message board disruption activities and M.O. during the 2004 cycle. Apparently, not a lot has changed since 2004.
April 25: At midnight, I posted this: Sometimes, you just really don't want to know...
April 25: At 12:07 a.m. ET, I saved the PhotoBucket page, and some of the more bizarre shots (e.g., the PhotoShopped porn shot of Ann Coulter on TIME, animated boob shots, pictures he had of the DU Admins, pictures denigrating John Kerry, screenshots of his sockpuppets' views of DU, etc.). Figuring that once he saw that I had posted these bizarre shots, he'd probably lock the PhotoBucket link down, I went ahead and grabbed it all.
April 25: At 8:20 a.m., I posted a couple of the photos that had been revealed to me: the pic of the DU Admins, and the pic of Jerome A. Papa, living high on the hog from the suckers who give money to him at DW, without once doing simple due diligence into who he really is.
April 25: Jerome A. Papa and FuzzySlippers - aided and abetted by complict or gullible DWers - made light of this, and continued to spin the whole matter.
April 25: At 9:50 a.m. ET, I received an e-mail that read: "Saw the newish post on your blog- there's a dead link, though (going to CG's photobucket account- he put a password on it)." That was predictable, and why I saved it down right after posting about it at midnight.
April 25: At 10:13 a.m. ET, I posted a notice to those reading my blog that the brainstorm board had new features up, and asking for additional help in pivoting to things that actually matter a lot more than Jerome A. Papa. The press release in question pertains to the Clinton campaign's concealment of the Clinton Foundation donor lists.
April 25: At 4:18 p.m. ET, I received an e-mail from a friend: "DOOOOD!!!! That's some weird collection...
But he took the password off- If you click the link now, it goes to his page with a different collection of bizarre pics (or maybe just some not in the list you sent)..."
April 25: At 8:45 p.m. ET, I saved down the new set. These are truly bizarre. Pictures of white power logos, anti-gay pictures, Nazi porn, Hillary as a Nazi, and on and on and on. One begins to think that whoever controls that PhotoBucket account is a clinically disturbed person. The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure permit - under limited circumstances - for the court to order a psychiatric evaluation of a Defendant. Indeed, many defense lawyers will ask for that for their client, to help mount a defense based on state of mind. When that happens, many Plaintiffs agree to a sealed settlement, which includes a treatment plan for the Defendant.
April 26: As of today, the PhotoBucket account shows up as empty. I'm sure that my IP address was being monitored to see when I hit it, and then it was taken down.
I hope that a few DWers will at least begin to ask some serious questions of Jerome A. Papa, including where the PayPal link funnels to, and whether he has a separate legal entity set up for DW or not. As for my part, the more I learn about this individual and his efforts to disrupt the Kerry campaign in 2004, and the more I learn about his antics this election cycle, the more I'm convinced that he is no progressive at all, rational, thinking, or otherwise.
- Dave
No comments:
Post a Comment