Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Someone is misinformed

BigJerr / Crazy Guggenheim writes:

Guess what their big Opposition Research is about? This big deal is whether or not Crazy Guggenheim and I are the same person!!

He been damn near trying to black mail me with this!!


Not one word is mentioned about BigJerr / Crazy Guggenheim at my brainstorm site.

BigJerr / Crazy Guggenheim is acting like a five-year-old, meeting his mommy or daddy at the door, and announcing, "You're going to hear some things, but I didn't do it."

The Welcome post at my brainstorm site reads as follows:

Welcome!

A few words of welcome:

1. Introduce yourself. Tell us how you came to yearn for a superior message board, and share a thought or two about what you'd hope to see from a new, built-from-scratch, built-to-last progressive message board. Dream big. If you're a mod or former mod at another board, share an insight or two about how you might have handled a common problem differently, if you had it to do all over again.

2. This site has not been established to grouse about other boards. That said, honest and thoughtful critiques of other boards - with an intent to air common sense, practical solutions to those perceived problems on the full-scale board - are very welcome here.

3. For this scaled-down board, profanity is unwelcome. The full-scale board will have a mature approach to profanity, but since there is only one "room" to this brainstorming board, let's all prove we know how to speak and write like intelligent adults.

4. The full-scale board I have in mind will give credit where credit is due: it will seek to blend the best features of many boards, and set a new standard of excellence for superior modding, the range of issues discussed, and the overall user experience. It will seek to establish the most unbiased, fair, and comprehensive modding structure seen on any of the major boards. That is the goal. It is a lofty one. It will take the brainpower and progressive hands of many, and your contributions toward meeting this goal are not only welcomed - they're expected. Each of us has God-given (or Universe-given, or innate) talents. Some of us hold back on sharing those. This is a fear-free zone where talents are concerned. None of us lay Golden Eggs continuously, but I'd rather someone voice a turkey, but feel safe to speak up again, than to have someone hold back with a real winner that could propel the site forward for all of us.

5. No Admin or Mod is infallible. I will make mistakes. We all do. If you approach me politely with a perceived mistake, I am someone who will not only reverse myself ... I'll also be as public in doing so, and explaining my error, as I was in making it. And I have an ever-growing number of friends who will make sure that is the case. The honest rebuke of a good friend is a gift, and a wise leader (in any endeavor) takes counsel from many sources - then acts.

I hope you will find a home here, and at the full-scale board to launch.

While I have a name or two in mind for it, I'd much rather brainstorm for a while, and see what we come up with; none of us is as smart as all of us.

Thank you for being here. Thank you for your contributions, of whatever form they take.

Let's make something special.

: )

- Dave


There isn't even an Oppo Research forum set up yet. We're in start-up mode. Clearly, BigJerr / Crazy Guggenheim is misinformed, and shooting blindly in the dark.

- Dave

No comments: