Saturday, April 26, 2008

Libel, Per Se

For Jerome A. Papa of San Rafael, California, a little lesson in the law:

libel per se n. broadcast or written publication of a false statement about another which accuses him/her of a crime, immoral acts, inability to perform his/her profession, having a loathsome disease (like syphilis), or dishonesty in business. Such claims are considered so obviously harmful that malice need not be proved to obtain a judgment for "general damages," and not just specific losses.


In a straw-clutching fit of desperation, Big Jerr - a.k.a., Crazy Guggenheim, a.k.a., Jerome A. Papa of San Rafael, California - has accused me of committing a Federal offense. I am happy to stand trial for the false claim he is making. The discovery tools afforded to a criminal defendant in a Federal criminal trial are without peer in any country.

Meanwhile, on Monday, I'll be spending a little time with some friends of mine here in DC - who know I'd never, EVER hack someone's PhotoBucket, and who can get in front of a Federal Judge in record time.

Apparently, BigJerr and FuzzySlippers wish to keep digging themselves deeper, now that they've been exposed.

- Dave

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CGA, go get him! Making libelous statements on his site, and allowing others to do so as well, is nothing new for BigJerr.

I wish you the best of luck in taking him down, CGA.

BigJerr, I know you're reading this. I hope you're squirming.

CorpGovActivist said...

Everyone has a story to tell -

The funny thing is, I know many of the FBI agents in this jurisdiction, having cooperated with them on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigation into Halliburton/KBR.

I've hosted them in my home, for crying out loud.

So this straw-clutching on BigJerr's part is just silly, puerile, and desperate.

Ah, but the moron has now given me a bright line cause of action: libel, per se.

- Dave